When I tried to use Bing’s Site Move Tool to notify Bing about my blog moving to a new domain, I kept on getting mysterious “The sample URLs we tried do not appear to redirect correctly. Please make sure that they redirect permanently to the new destination using 301 redirects” error. My 301 redirect was set up correctly and it worked with Google Webmaster Tools’ change of address. I emailed Bing’s support team with screenshots and they forwarded my request to their Product Group but no response since then. One day I started to monitor my server’s access log and I noticed those lines on my access log when I try to set up the site move:
AfterÂ I tried to use GoDaddy to forward my old domain to my new domain using 301 redirect and test if t works, I found out that if you connect to the old domain for the first time after a while, it returns 302 found first with the same url! When you try it for the second time, it returns 301 redirect correctly. After noticing that, I just switched back to using my own server for redirection.
Here are the sample outputs of another domain that I have set to use 301 redirect in GoDaddy: