When I tried to use Bing’s Site Move Tool to notify Bing about my blog moving to a new domain, I kept on getting mysterious “The sample URLs we tried do not appear to redirect correctly. Please make sure that they redirect permanently to the new destination using 301 redirects” error. My 301 redirect was set up correctly and it worked with Google Webmaster Tools’ change of address. I emailed Bing’s support team with screenshots and they forwarded my request to their Product Group but no response since then. One day I started to monitor my server’s access log and I noticed those lines on my access log when I try to set up the site move:
Dropbox sometimes shows squares on some older Microsoft Office documents with Chinese characters. I have to save them as docx to solve the problem. It happens both on the web browser and the iOS and Android apps.
I had problem uploading my sitemap to Google’s Webmaster Tools since October 22. Google used to pick up my sitemap in about 30 minutes, but this time it showed last download is October 21 and it had been pending for more than a day until it finally downloaded it. In the mean time I also submitted a sitemap for my new website, but I really caught the bad time and it took me three days before Google download the sitemap for the first time, ahhhh. I googled around and checked the Google Groups about this issue and I found out that many people had the same problem and it was something to do with Google. Hopefully they will fix this soon.
When I got the driving direction to Disneyland in Google Map, it told me to Make a U-turn at Paradise Pier for 259 ft and then stop when I got there. What? It makes no sense to make a U-turn like this.
Today I searched “tipspedia.info” in google and found some sites that contain an excerpt of my previous post that says “today I got the domain tipspedia.info……….” (which I deleted) along with other posts’ excerpts. Some of those websites were http://askthewebhost.net/blogs/ftp-hosting, http://www.propraetor.com/ftp_hosting/, http://paypal-coupon-code.zzdeals.com/, and http://trusted-info-net.com/blogs/yahoo-domain-hosting. On the right side of those websites come a list of other posts and mostly important, ads from adsense.
At first I was curious about why they do that until I see the ads over there, they do that because they want people to click their ads, those guys collect excerpts of posts by doing google blog search with some high paying keywords for the ads and put them together so that the search engine show their website more often, most of them shows a link for the original posts on every posts, but some won’t! Some of them even label the ads with misleading labels like “my websites”. That sucks, they’re like using our posts for their ad purposes.